A CBT is required to ride a motorcycle

Compulsory basic training (CBT) is a course you usually have to take before you ride any moped or motorcycle on the road, even electric.

After you’ve completed CBT, you can ride a:

  • moped (ZEN, X-TRA or SENDA) if you’re 16 or over
  • motorcycle up to 125cc (ULTRA) and with a power output of up to 11kW if you’re 17 or over

You must use L plates (L).

You must pass your full moped or motorcycle test within 2 years, or you have to either take CBT again or stop riding.

By the way, you will also need to wear a secured and approved helmet* and have suitable insurance.

*If you buy any of our motorcycles before end of March 2020, we will pay for you new helmet.

Share this:

Like this:

Like Loading...
%d bloggers like this: